** Please note, this is not a sanctioned event of the Alberta Lacrosse Association. **
After a very successful first year, the Calgary Roughnecks are excited to announce the return of the Jr. Roughnecks program for the 2018 summer.
New this year is the hosting of the inaugural Jr. Roughnecks Jamboree June 14-17 where the first tryout sessions for the Peewee, Bantam and Midget teams will be held on the turf at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
The three Junior Roughnecks teams will compete at the 6th Annual Jr NLL tournament where they will be playing against other athletes representing teams from around the National Lacrosse League August 24 to 26 at the Toronto Rock Athletic Center in Oakville, Ontario.
Tryouts will continue through June, depending on the number of registrants in the program. The tryout fee of $75 includes four on-floor sessions; two sessions at the Scotiabank Saddledome during the jamboree two sessions at a Calgary city rink, a Roughnecks pinnie, a Roughnecks dry fit shirt and a voucher for the Calgary Roughnecks 2018-19 season home opener. All players must pre-register and the tryout fee is non-refundable.
If player cannot make all these dates due to their club obligations we will do our best to place them based on the information we have.
Cost of the program, including approximately 20 hours of on-floor instruction, hotels and food is estimated at $2000.00. Players will have the opportunity to presell an advertising bar for $500 to a sponsor with the entire $500 being used to reduce the registration fee.
Once a player is selected to the team, an initial payment of $1,000 will be required by July 1. Name bar Fee of $500 by July 15, and the remaining $500 by August 1st.
You will be responsible for getting your player to the hotel for a 7 pm team meeting on Thursday the 23rd of August. Players will be lodged 2 per room and will be chaperoned by the team volunteers and coaching staff. For players traveling on their own we will transfer them to the hotel as required.
Registration is now open and will close on May 15th.
- Players must register as a runner or goalie, not both
- Players must be registered and playing for a box lacrosse club team
- Players may be required to attend more than one try-out camp.
- Due to the timing of the two programs we will have to ask if you make Team Alberta Midget box we will have to ask you to choose between the two. If you choose not to try out for the Jr Roughnecks after making Team Alberta we will refund your money fully.
- If selected, players and parents are required to sign and adhere to the CDLA Code of Conduct.
- Players are to follow the criteria and rules as set up by the Canadian Lacrosse Association
- Note: this is not an ALA sanctioned event
To register and become part of this exciting program please click on the link below
For additional information, contact Jr. Roughnecks coordinator Steve Harlow at firstname.lastname@example.org