Bylaws set out the general objectives of the society, define it‘s membership and outline the authorities and duties of directors.
The objectives of the Society are:
- to promote and develop minor box lacrosse in the Cities of Airdrie, Calgary and Okotoks, the Towns of Cochrane and High River and surrounding areas thereof, and to promote the activities of its Members
- play an active role in the preparation and implementation of leadership, education, training, communication, supervision and development of minor box lacrosse programs
- promote good fellowship amongst its members and representatives, and to aid and assist in the betterment of minor box lacrosse and the game of lacrosse generally
- promote equitable opportunities for players, regardless of sex, race, age or ability, to participate and achieve their personal best in the game of minor box lacrosse, in the Cities of Airdrie, Calgary and Okotoks, the Towns of Cochrane, High River and Strathmore, and surrounding areas thereof
- act as the liaison for its Members on any issues concerning the sport of minor box lacrosse and the game of lacrosse generally in the Cities of Airdrie, Calgary and Okotoks, the Towns of Cochrane, High River and Strathmore, and surrounding areas thereof; in the Province of Alberta and elsewhere in Canada
- promote uniform interpretation and administration of the rules of the sport of minor box lacrosse
- raise funds to further the objects and fulfill the purposes of the Society
- carry on all other objects and matters ancillary and auxiliary and in connection with the foregoing, including, without limitation, the promotion of the Society and all of its Members and, in addition, doing whatever the Society may decide useful, beneficial or desirable for its Members
The following are the approved Bylaws for the CDLA.