REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR COACHING CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS (NCCP PROGRAMS)
Not sure what certification you need to be on the bench? Check it out HERE
To register for online clinics, please click on the link below in step one of the COACHING CERTIFICATION COURSE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Please review the following information before you initiate course registration request:
Coaching Certification Course Registration Procedures
1. Complete this following online registration form - click here to fill out coach clinic registration form
** NOTE - You are NOT officially signed up for any course once you complete the sign up above. The link at the bottom of these instructions shows you how to login to the NCCP site and register for a course. You must follow the instructions in the guide below to be 'officially' registered.
2. You will be sent a course ‘code‘/access id and further instructions
3. You must then login to the Canadian Lacrosse Association NCCP website system as instructed
4. Complete the ‘pre-clinic‘ assessment (this can take between 1-2 hours and is for community development and competitive introduction levels only); this MUST be done before you attend the course
5. Once your pre-clinic assessment has been completed, you must also register online for the course via your NCCP account, status tab. This step puts your name onto the clinicians list which is used to update attendance in the nccp.lacrosse.ca system.
6. Attend the required course, be sure you complete the attendance sheet at the clinic
7. Complete your coach‘s workbook ( Competitive Introduction level only ) online through your NCCP account, status tab. Once your attendance is marked, you will receive an auto-email from the system advising your workbook is now ready for completion.
8. Minimum age to Coach is 16
9. Please keep a record of your NCCP system login id and password as CDLA does not have access to this information
10. Your Coach certification status is available through your nccp.lacrosse.ca account in the Status tab and through the coach.ca website by logging into your locker.
11. Skipping any steps 1 through 7 will only hinder your progress in certification
Please be sure to complete steps 1-4 above when registering for a coaching certification course. Maps to locations can be found on www.calgarylacrosse.com by selecting the Information and Rink Locations or by clicking on the links below. Coaches, please be sure to bring lacrosse stick and ball and wear comfortable clothing for on floor portion of clinic.
April is typically the first month of running clinics simply due to the lack of attendance in January through March.
There are seating limitations for all clinics. Plan ahead and be sure to complete the necessary steps well in advance of the clinic to secure your spot. Arrive at clinic early to check in.
CDLA Community Development Courses for 2024 - Dates TBD
Competitive Introduction Courses - 2024 Dates TBD
2023 Competitive Introduction clinic attendees - be sure you have completed AND SUBMITTED your online workbook which is accessible through your nccp.lacrosse.ca account no later than March 1, 2024 to allow time for marking before the season commences.
Thank you for volunteering for your club !
ALA Coaching Certification Requirements: ALA Regulations
Please refer to the following page for coach mentoring and development resources.